Thursday, April 06, 2006

Changing my Mind...Decided to use LabelMe

I've decided to use MIT's LabelMe annotation tool to rebuild my training set. At first I was hesitant to use LabelMe because I found out that their Matlab toolbox doesn't actually let you annotate images --that must be done online. I only have one copy of Matlab which is installed on a Windows machine. At this point, I would prefer to keep everything within Linux. However, I see a definite advantage to using LabelMe in that multiple people can label a set of images simultaneously since LabelMe is an online annotation tool. This means that I don't necessarily need to sit down all by myself and label images --I can solicit help. Here is the LabelMe website:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/brussell/research/LabelMe/intro.html



No comments: